Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Launching



While a sunrise picture would have been a great start for a blog, mornings are not my thing. And I think a sunset will do quite nicely. This shot was taken at Bruce Peninsula National Park, Ontario, CA. A beautiful park on the lake Michigan escarpment. Clear blue waters, dense forests, and stunning rock formations make this park an easy place to take great shots. The environment was soothing, the weather was great, and the beer was cold. Unsurprisingly what stood out the most was being with friends, watching a sunset, drinking beers, and laughing together.

That leads me to why I have been drawn to photography as my creative outlet.
My favorite thing about photography is it that it cannot be practiced in a black box. For me to take shots (and have fun) I get to be out in the world living life. As an engineer, photography combines my love of nerding out over every detail and that innate desire to ignore all the damn details. This blog is an opportunity for me to share my favorite shots, experiences, and lessons learned along the way.

Thank you for coming along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment